Main Monuments

  • Logge dei Tiratori

    The long building, complete with arcade and adjacent to the church of Santa Maria dei Laici, was originally St.Mary’s Hospital, erected in 1326 on the initiative of the confraternity of the same name.

  • Church of San Pietro

    The building was consecrated around the middle of the 11th c. It belonged to the Cassinese order of Benedictines, then to the Olivetan and Camaldolese orders.

  • Church of Santa Maria Nuova

    This dates back to the end of the 13th c. In the first decades of the 20th c. wooden furnishings, art objects and paintings were brought from other Gubbio churches to this particular church.

  • Church of San Marziale

    The Church of Sant'Andrea, now called Church of San Marziale, is first documented in the 12th c.; in 1533 it was included in the monastery of San Marziale, which abuts on it on two sides.

  • Church of Santa Maria dei Laici

    This church was built in the first half of the 14thc., and belonged to the Confraternita di Santa Maria del Mercato (Confraternity of Our Lady of the Market).

  • Duomo

    The present building, built on the site of a previous Romanesque church, dates back to the 13th and 14th c.

  • Church of San Francesco

    Although the church was already in use in 1256, the decoration was not yet finished in 1291.

  • Palazzo Ducale

    Standing opposite the Cathedral, it is the result of the enlargement and modification of a group of mediaeval buildings

  • Palace of the Consuls

    Built between 1332 and 1338 according to a plan by Angelo of Orvieto (whose name appears in the inscription on the portal of the monument), it is one of the most beautiful public halls in Italy.